07 Sept 2009

Nathan Smith Project at The Barnyard in Menlyn

We went to see a friend of mine’s band, The Nathan Smith Project, perform at the Barnyard in Menlyn the other night.  I’ve known Nathan for about 10 years now.  His dad made backtracks for me when we still lived in Thabazimbi and I’ve sang some songs with them at Club Regeneration.
Nathan is such an awesome talent – you’ve got to see him and his band!  Check out this live performance from 2007 and their music video Grown up to become a child.
I took some shots while we were at the show and I’m quite satisfied with how they came out.  The stage lighting looked great and made for some dramatic photos.

Nathan Smith playing guitar            Nathan Smith playing guitar 





Nathan Smith playing guitar
















These photos were taken with my Nikon D300 with a Nikkor 70-200 F2 VR lens.  In settings like these you can’t use a flash – it will ruin the ambiance and / or it would not help much sitting a distance from the stage.  I like experimenting with photography in dark situations: if you can shoot good photos in low light you can really rock at weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment